Thursday, August 4, 2011

Feen yumkin lee nalqee shakhs keyarif al-injleeziya?

Fasting feels easier now, as my body has apparently adjusted to the new food schedule. Still, it's difficult to focus on anything else when your host family is cooking in the next room.

My host family keeps serving the same food for Futoor which is nice for now because it's so tasty, but I hope for their sakes that they switch it up once in a while because I'm guessing eating the same meal every day for a month would get old fast.

Internet at my home stay is still out ("The guy is coming to fix the connection today," my host-brother tells me for the nth time). So I spent most of the day at the language center hanging out with the other students. While all eyes in the Muslim World are turned East towards Mecca, ours face West to the promise of good hamburgers and bad summer movies.

Tonight we're having a party for all the students and teachers that I'm very much looking forward to (mostly because food).

Ramadan kareem, everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment