Thursday, July 14, 2011

Kul shay mizyan filmaghreb

Nothing to report today. I'll be traveling tomorrow for the weekend, though I should have Internet so I expect to be able to post at least once before Monday.

So instead here's a cool article about the February 20th Movement in Morocco from Al-Arabiya: http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2011/07/08/156622.html.

I also (finally) posted pictures of the inside of a mosque in the city of Moulay Idriss where a holy man named Moulay Idriss was buried centuries ago. It is now considered a particularly holy place for worship, especially among Sufi Muslims. Sadly, this may be closest you ever get to seeing the inside of mosque in Morocco, due to a law that dates back to the French occupation and prohibits non-Muslims from entering any mosque (except Hassan II in Casablanca). The photos were taken by a friend of mine (thanks again!).

And the picture above is of a poster I found in a restaurant in Meknes. The longer I look at it, the less I understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment