Sunday, June 5, 2011

Fi Barees.

(Post delayed due to travel and lack of Internet)
June4
In the airport in Paris with the other students. It's not a fun airport and there's almost nothing to do. A couple students, still under 21, rushed to buy wine even though it's barely 9am here. We flew through the night, which wasn't too bad and was mostly uneventful. We have a very long layover, so we're all just sitting around shooting the breeze and passing the time. It's difficult to be in France and not speak French. The French seem very unwilling to speak anything but French, and so asking questions in security and ordering food was a bit of a challenge. I even asked where i could get Internet access and had to pronounce the word "Internet" very slowly to be understood. It makes me want to learn the language because I love being able to communicate with people and hate feeling labeled as a stupid American. "Why would you travel to France and not bother learning the language?" I imagine the airport staff thinking, despite the fact that this is an airport, and we are simply stopping here. Still, the attitude seems less than understanding.
Logging onto the Internet costs money and my phone is dying, so I won't be able to communicate until I arrive in Morocco. I hope this last leg of the journey is smooth and goes fast. I can't wait to touch down in Rabat. Ghedy atasil makum baad ajhee filmaghreb.

No comments:

Post a Comment